
There’s something about shopping that screams, woman’s domain, men, beware. We met George, a contractor in Nashville, over quite a few drinks at his local bar in town. “I mostly shop at Costcos. I buy a couple shirts at a time,” he spoke of shopping for a shirt the same way he shopped for bulk paper towels. “Although the other day I did some impulse shopping,” he grinned and paused for effect, “my butt was hanging out of my jeans, so I impulsively went and bought a new pair at Dillards!” George, sweet and lovable for trying, was lost when it comes to the world of shopping. For George, like many other men, shopping is a practical thing, so he takes a practical, logical approach. George doesn’t “hunt” for a bargain, “dig” to find that special dress, he find jeans that fit, buys 3 pairs, shirts he likes, 4 colors go in the cart. While we may not understand men, we can at least acknowledge their process the same way they accept ours.
Opportunity: Let men win.
No comments:
Post a Comment