
So yes, we are hypocrites. We preach not to go to the zoo, but that’s exactly what we did: headed straight for the Phoenix Zoo.
“I’ve never seen it this crowded!” We met Ellen standing in line with three of her friends and their little ones, all waiting patiently to be let inside. “I’ve been coming here for 20 years and I’ve never seen it this busy.”

While fighting our way to sneak a peak at the main event, baby Michael the Orangutan, we asked Laura, the local zoo expert if what Ellen had said was true. “It’s spring break, so of course it’s busy, but membership has never been higher, so maybe that has something to do with the larger than normal crowds.”
While purse strings might be tighter, and week long vacations might be a thing of the past, it doesn’t mean people are going to stop enjoying themselves. If the Wild Kingdom isn’t in the budget this year, maybe a few more trips to the zoo will help quench the adventure thirst? Because really, who doesn’t love a day at the zoo?
Opportunity: Help turn day trips into mini holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment