
We knew from the start that Tonya was very socially-minded—and opinionated. “I love to get on my soap box and talk about causes,” Tonya admitted over lunch. “There are a lot of things I’m very concerned about right now—global warming, the war, Africa…”
So we were surprised to see her take a sheepish tone when she admitted, “I shop at Wal-Mart these days, and it kills me. I don’t like their business practices, but I can’t resist the low prices.”
As Tonya knew all too well, ideals often take a back seat to reality.
But as unhappy as she may have been with this financial reality, she willfully found a silver lining. “With the money I save, at least I can make little contributions to the causes that are important to me.”
Opportunity: She’s already aware of the necessity of bargain shopping. Help her remember what she gets in return.
So we were surprised to see her take a sheepish tone when she admitted, “I shop at Wal-Mart these days, and it kills me. I don’t like their business practices, but I can’t resist the low prices.”
As Tonya knew all too well, ideals often take a back seat to reality.
But as unhappy as she may have been with this financial reality, she willfully found a silver lining. “With the money I save, at least I can make little contributions to the causes that are important to me.”
Opportunity: She’s already aware of the necessity of bargain shopping. Help her remember what she gets in return.
No comments:
Post a Comment